The Star Wars franchise is one of the most classic films in the movie industry. Aside from its masterful telling of the Star Wars story and iconic characters like Qui Gon Jinn, Obi Wan Kenobi and Mace Windu, the original star wars trilogy is known for its star-studded casts like Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford.
How many Star Wars movie facts do you know? Do you know the real life inspirations of the story? Do you know the names of the famous cities in Star Wars? Are you familiar with the plot, places and people? Here are some interesting trivias about the classic franchise.
Star Wars Trivia
- Qui-gon Jinn became the first force ghost when he rediscovered how to achieve individuality after becoming one with the Force.
- The career of actress Carrie Fisher skyrocketed after playing the iconic Star Wars movie character, Princess Leia.
- Harrison Ford was not the first choice for the character, Han Solo. Big shot actors like John Travolta, Al Pacino and Robert De Niro were all considered to be the Star Wars character, Han Solo.
- Darth Maul being an apprentice to Darth Sidious was a violation of the Rule of Two of the Sith. Even though his master was still alive, Darth Sidious trained Darth Maul and became one of their fearsome assassins.
- The Star Wars Holiday Special was a television series set in between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. It was made to entertain the Star Wars fans while waiting for the second movie (Empire Strikes Back).
- The Phantom Menace was originally one of the stories of Star Wars Tales 17 where Luke Skywalker encounters Darth Maul as a solid hologram powered by a mechanism.
- The first installment of the third Star Wars trilogy, Force Awakens was set thirty years after the Return of the Jedi. As the new empire grows in power, Finn, Rey and Poe Dameron search for Luke Skywalker.
Star Wars Trivia Questions and Answers
How much of a Star Wars fan are you? How many answers can you give to the Star Wars trivia questions? Let’s find out through this Star Wars quiz!
Click on the blurred area to reveal the answer.
Test it out. Click here to reveal the answer 👉 Awesome! You’re ready
|Who directed the 1977 movie Star Wars?||▶ George Lucas|
|Who is the man behind Darth Vader?||▶ Anakin Skywalker|
|Who piloted the Millenium Falcon when they launched an attack against the second Death Star?||▶ Lando Calrissian|
|Who is the Sith Lord known as the Emperor?||▶ Darth Sidious|
|What do you call the infamous hired assassins in the Star Wars story?||▶ Bounty Hunter|
|Who defeated Darth Maul?||▶ Obi-wan Kenobi|
|Who had a purple lightsaber?||▶ Mace Windu|
|Who was Han Solo’s son?||▶ Kylo Ren|
|What do you call the spaceship that Han Solo piloted?||▶ [blur toggle=click]Millennium Falcon|
|What did people in Star Wars call a Tibanna gas-mining colony floating in the clouds of the planet Bespin, located in the Anoat sector of the Outer Rim Territories?||▶ [blur toggle=click]Cloud City|
|What do you call the place where beings like the sentient Dulok, Ewok, and Yuzzum species, as well as the Wistie and semi-sentient Gorax races reside?||▶ Forest Moon|
|Who is the character that killed five Jedis, wears complete Mandalorian armor and gets killed by a desert sand monster?||▶ Boba Fett|
|In which Star Wars film did the Ewoks first appear?||▶ Episode VI: Return of the Jedi|
|Which actor was the voice of Darth Vader in the original Star Wars films?||▶ James Earl Jones|
|What later “Star Wars” actress had an early role in the movie “Léon: The Professional”?||▶ Natalie Portman|
|In the Star Wars universe, who is Luke Skywalker’s mother?||▶ Padmé Amidala|
About the Author
Tim majored in Humanities with a bachelor in English and Theatre at New York State University. He lectured on entertainment business studies for three years at Plymouth College.
Tim has been a trivia host in his current hometown of Pittsburgh for the past two years. He enjoys hanging out with people who love trivia just as much as he does.
His friends call him the Question Master.