Are you ready for a Hollywood movie trivia question and answer challenge that will put your movie lover’s side to the test? Check out this Hollywood trivia collection that will see how much you know about movies, actors, actresses, directors, and everything that has to do with Hollywood and the worlds that films transport us to.
Let’s see how much trivia you might already know. Here are some Hollywood trivia to get you started.
- What movie did Tom Hanks play a Polio patient who started running across the United States? Forrest Gump
- What titular role did Harrison Ford play an explorer in search for lost treasure? Indiana Jones
- What is the highest-grossing movie in the Harry Potter series? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- What Hollywood movie portrays the founding of the social media giant Facebook? The Social Network
- What film won the Academy award for best picture in 1998? Titanic
- What horror movie introduced the character known as Freddy Kruger? Nightmare on Elm Street
- Who won the Oscar for best actor and best actress in 2000? Kevin Spacey and Hilary Swank
- What year did Captain America (MCU Edition) first come out? 2011
- What is the name of Tom Cruise’s hit movie where he plays a jet fighter pilot? Top Gun
- How many Academy awards did Schindler’s List win? Seven
- How many Academy awards nominations did Shawshank Redemption win? Seven
- Who played Peter Pan in the 1991 film “Hook?” Robin Williams
Hollywood Trivia Questions and Answers
Play Multiplayer Trivia Games with Your Team
Make your next meeting, team building, get-together, event, or class more fun with trivia games plus other fun and exciting team engagement tools to help build team connection!
Are you ready for more Hollywood trivia questions and answers? Check out this quiz and see how many you can get right!
Click on the blurred area to reveal the answer.
Test it out. Click here to reveal the answer 👉 Awesome! You’re ready
|What was Marilyn Monroe’s name at birth?||▶ Norma Jeane Mortenson|
|Which Christmas movie tells the story of a man who replaces Santa Claus after causing his death?||▶ The Santa Clause|
|What is the name of the Disney Princess in Little Mermaid?||▶ Ariel|
|Which Pixar movie happens mostly in Sydney and the Great Barrier Reef?||▶ Finding Nemo|
|Which main character in Black Panther is the younger sister of King T’Challa?||▶ Shuri|
|Who directed the 1993 version of Jurassic Park?||▶ Steven Spielberg|
|Which Star Wars Movie came out in 2015?||▶ The Force Awakens|
|What is Quentin Tarantino’s favorite horror film?||▶ My Bloody Valentine|
|What is the job title of the person in charge of the camera and lighting crews working on a film?||▶ Cinematographer|
|What popular movie musical, directed by John Hutson, was released in 1982?||▶ Annie|
|Who did Jerry Lewis partner with to form a famous comedy duo that lasted 10 years?||▶ Dean Martin|
|What actor played Russian roulette in “The Deer Hunter”, demanded “More Cowbell” on “Saturday Night Live”, and danced solo in Fatboy Slim’s “Weapon of Choice” video?||▶ Christopher Walken|
|Legend has it that Marilyn Monroe wore nothing but what to bed?||▶ Chanel No. 5|
|Who was the first cartoon character to get his own star on Hollywood Boulevard’s Walk of Fame?||▶ Mickey Mouse, on November 13, 1978.|
|What famous actor became Governor of California in 2003?||▶ Arnold Schwarzenegger|
About the Author
Tim majored in Humanities with a bachelor in English and Theatre at New York State University. He lectured on entertainment business studies for three years at Plymouth College.
Tim has been a trivia host in his current hometown of Pittsburgh for the past two years. He enjoys hanging out with people who love trivia just as much as he does.
His friends call him the Question Master.