The internet is unquestionably one of the most important inventions of this age. An internet connection can give you access to search engines, social networks, and over 1 billion websites all over the world through computers and mobile devices.
So if you had an internet trivia collection, you know that you’re up for a long base of questions, facts, and knowledge! Here’s an internet trivia collection for your next trivia game, pub quiz, or family night.
Let’s test your internet knowledge and see how much you know about the world wide web. Check out these internet statistics, general knowledge, and interesting facts about the Internet.
- There are more than five billion internet users in the world today.
- Of the people with internet access, there are more than 4 billion active social media users. Of those 4 billion people 2.91 billion of them are on Facebook.
- Gangnam Style was the first video on YouTube to hit 1 billion views.
- There are now more than 7.9 billion email addresses in the world.
- There are now 7.26 billion mobile phones in the world.
- There are more than 50 million users online in South Korea alone.
- The New York Times gets up to 692 million visitors a month.
- Registered domain PrivateJet.com is the highest anyone has paid for top-level domains at $30.1 Million.
- 58% of organic search visits from Google come from mobile users.
Host An Online Multiplayer Internet Trivia Game
Challenge your friends and colleagues to an Internet trivia game with over 154+ Internet trivia questions and answers.
Internet Trivia Questions and Answers
Let’s look at some trivia questions and answers from the Internet world. See how many of these questions you can get right!
Click on the blurred area to reveal the answer.
Test it out. Click here to reveal the answer 👉 Awesome! You’re ready
|Who is known as the inventor of the World Wide Web?||▶ Tim Berners-Lee|
|Who was the co-founder of Twitter who later created Block, Inc.?||▶ Jack Dorsey|
|Who was the co-founder of YouTube who uploaded the first video on the video platform?||▶ Jawed Karim|
|Who was the person who first introduced the concept of “surfing the internet?”||▶ Jean Armour Polly|
|Which computer programmer implemented the first email program on the ARPANET system?||▶ Ray Tomlinson|
|Who was the first person to use email as a way to market to people online, starting the concept of spam email?||▶ Gary Thuerk|
|What do the letters HTML, a markup language used to create web pages, stand for?||▶ Hypertext Markup Language|
|In a website browser address bar what does “www” stand for?||▶ World Wide Web|
|What does the acronym “lol” stand for when used in phone texts and on the internet?||▶ Laugh out loud|
|HTML and CSS are computer languages used to create what?||▶ Websites|
|What do you call the small image icons used to express emotions or ideas in digital communication?||▶ Emoji|
|Mark Zuckerberg was one of the founders of which social networking site?|
|What does HTTP stand for in a website address?||▶ HyperText Transfer Protocol|
|On which popular website do users send tweets?|
About the Author
Tim majored in Humanities with a bachelor in English and Theatre at New York State University. He lectured on entertainment business studies for three years at Plymouth College.
Tim has been a trivia host in his current hometown of Pittsburgh for the past two years. He enjoys hanging out with people who love trivia just as much as he does.
His friends call him the Question Master.